AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Next week.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 7/24/2016 07:25 (#5428885 - in reply to #5428661)
Subject: Hey JoeTheFarmer

North Central Illinois
I see you deleted your post. I can only assume you did that because you realized how absolutely stupid it was. I'm a realist Joe. As someone else pointed out we got this crop planted with very few issues, stands were for the most part exceptional, prevented planting I think could be at an all time low, weather so far this summer has been far from troublesome even though some areas were stressed a month ago. Add to that the forecast for the next few weeks into August looks ideal, the heat wave was of short enough duration that probably not much damage was done, and lots of people are talking about how their crops looks the best they ever have. As a realist that sends me the message that we are looking at a potentially huge crop. If you have read my posts you will know that I have urged caution about making yield projections this early and trying to assign a number to the national yield. Right now it feels huge. I don't want $2 corn. Why would I? I didn't sell enough corn over $4 either. Even with that being the case I am not going to come on NAT and lie about my crop and the rest of the cornbelt in an effort to talk the market higher. Do you really think the traders give a crap about what we say on NAT? If so you probably still believe in Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy. With your logic maybe if we all get on NAT this afternoon and proclaim that some mystery disease has set into the nation's corn crop, we can make the market go limit up tonight. Does that sound reasonable Joe? Dealing with reality and giving an honest assessment of the crop makes me a smart aleck Joe? Grow up. For the record It think we could still see huge issues for the soybean crop. It just feels like we are exceptionally vulnerable to disease for the next few weeks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)