AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do we need a depression
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 7/24/2016 09:51 (#5429229 - in reply to #5428949)
Subject: RE:Things like TBTF and derivatives could be ......

Pittsburg, Kansas

Yes they are even talking about bringing back Glass-Steagall (which would be great) . But Republicans are very good at talking about things they know they can't get done then when in a position of being able to do them not doing them.
One example is they complain about the excessive spending of the other party yet when they are in a position to do something about it by not funding programs they stick their hands in their pockets.

I'm convinced we have a one party political system. The party is called "big government" and it has two slightly different branches to give the illusion that we have a choice and our vote will make a difference. Which it likely will not. After all the big hoopla, whatever the outcome, it will be business as usual in DC and NY.

The only reason one of the candidates is garnering the popularity he is, is because both parties hate him. Enough reason for some of us to support him.

If you have not noticed, I hold an equal amount of disdain for both parties.

I really think we are past the point of no return on fixing this. Derivatives included. For sure no politically acceptable way of fixing it. And if it is not acceptable politically, how is it ever going to get done other than a crisis?

John

Edited by John Burns 7/24/2016 10:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)