AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Life Reflections after Hospital Stay
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Hereford Guy
Posted 7/23/2016 18:03 (#5428041 - in reply to #5427908)
Subject: RE: Life Reflections after Hospital Stay

Well, first of all, glad you are healing! I've always been amazed that I haven't been hurt worse than I have been in almost 30 years of involvement in farming and ranching activities, and I've had some good wrecks that "looked" really bad and I came out of it fine. Others were pretty painful, numerous broken ribs over the years and a fire that burned both my hands pretty severely come to mind, but I haven't been killed or lost any appendages or anything either so I am grateful for that.

As to the medical staff, sounds like most of them did their absolute best and you know it. The one nurse, I just don't know. I understand being overwhelmed, personal issues, short staffed etc. could all be part of it but on the whole I find her attitude a bit callous. I got to spend lots of time in hospitals just observing when I was a child. My grandpa, who was my hero and is 100% to blame for me being partial to IH tractors and Hereford cows, started suffering from heart problems at a young age due to a bout of rheumatic fever when he was in the service and coupled with diabetes, he had some issues from the time I was young until he died when I was 18. Sooooo, I spent a lot of time in hospital rooms trying to cheer up my grandpa. I have to say that as a forgiving, Christian person, I'd try to forget the bad experience but on the other hand, had I seen a nurse treat my grandpa that way, or for that matter my mom when she was terminally ill with cancer, as their son or grandson, I'd probably have lost my cool and gotten pretty snarly with someone.

There's no way of knowing what could have been happening behind the scenes so.......sounds like you handled it respectfully in your own way.

Keep up with the therapy, weaning time will be upon you before you know it and you'll want to be up and walking again.

Edited by Hereford Guy 7/23/2016 18:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)