AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beer in a motorhome
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

marbro1
Posted 7/9/2016 18:46 (#5401791 - in reply to #5400994)
Subject: RE: Beer in a motorhome

Southwest Iowa
Quite a few of us in this area are Denver Bronco fans. 8-10 years ago, a couple friends bought a bus and reconfigured it a little to look like a tailgating bus, which turned out pretty darn good. In the process, they moved the back, covered portion of the bus forward about 10 feet. They left the floor, put some rails up around it and turned it into a deck for tailgating. Every year, somebody drives it from here (SW Iowa), to Denver for the first game and they leave it out there until the season is over. They hop on I-80 and head west until they reach I-76 and then south on I-25 until they're at Mile High Stadium.

A few years back, there were 10-12 people riding the bus on the voyage out to Denver. They crossed into Colorado from Nebraska and somewhere along the countryside, 3 of them decided to take their drinks and head out on the deck while motoring along at 63 mph on I-76. Not long after they went outside, 2 Colorado State Troopers pulled up behind them and followed them for a few miles. They must've gotten bored though cause they only followed for so long, pulled out into the left lane and waved as they passed by.

If anything, I would've thought they would've got pulled over to make sure the driver wasn't drinking, which he wasn't. But the troopers must've been in a great mood that day cause they just left them be, open containers and all.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)