AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Facebook creeps me out
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

milofarmer1
Posted 7/4/2016 22:45 (#5391958)
Subject: Facebook creeps me out

Texas/New Mexico Stateline
First of all I do not use Facebook. Quite a few years ago somebody set up an account using my hacked email address, and fortunately I was able to recover the password and then took the Facebook account back so to speak and secured the account under my name and email. That is all. I have given them NO information about me. No age, no location, no friends, no friend requests, no pictures, nothing. Zip, nada. I have all the security settings I can find locked.

I know when a website uses our ISP and IP address to "locate" us it shows us to be in the Las Vegas NM area, which is the opposite side of our phone company's service area.

Occasionally I may log in to see if the account is still there, and to look at another public site maybe once or twice a year.

When I log in of course it encourages me to finish setting up the account and has the suggestions of people I should know. And nearly all of them ARE people I know and have done business with them. The unsettling thing is, they are people I have done business with, in the same industry, but I have never emailed them or anything.

HOW do they know these people I know when I have no internet connection with that person? There is one guy in particular that lived in the area a couple years, and he now lives in Missouri somewhere. I have never emailed him or anything, and yet it knows I know him.

Has Facebook secretly implanted chips in our brains to know every detail about our life? Next time I log in I expect it to tell me I'm needing a drink of water because it knows I am thirsty......

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)