AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

20 year old son ticketed for MIP
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

senodak
Posted 7/8/2016 21:44 (#5400416 - in reply to #5391278)
Subject: RE: 20 year old son ticketed for MIP

Back when I was younger I was designated driver for my brother in law's bachelor party. I drove the men of the bridal party all around town until the bars closed down. I was driving home late at night and got pulled over. Cop was certain that I must have been drinking to be out at that time of night and gave me a breathalizer, I blew 0 and he made me do it again and I blew 0 again. I explained that I was DD for a bachelor party and upon hearing that he starts shining his flashlight inside of my car in the back seat. Sure enough there was a small empty bottle of liquor back there that one of the guys must have been drinking in between bars. The cop questioned me about it and I told him that is how it would have got there. He wrote me up for open container.

I challenged the ticket in court and won. The judge acknowledged that the cop was in his rights for giving me open container for technically having a container that had broke its seal in my car. However he said that because I had blown 0 and that I had been DD'ing that night the ticket was not right. I still can't believe that cop gave me the ticket in the first place.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)