AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New ride for wife
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Red/Green
Posted 7/11/2016 18:55 (#5405621 - in reply to #5394291)
Subject: RE: New ride for wife

Elizabethtown,KY
kpaul - 7/5/2016 23:14

Just found a '13 Flex, FWD with 45,000 on it. Ours has the 6 cyl, not the eco-boost. With the 6 speed it does ok.

HUGE middle row, 3rd row is ok for 2, not huge. Some luggage space behind row 3, but definitely not a Suburban. Nowhere near as much "storage" space as we had in the last two Honda vans. Much more room inside than the Chevy Traverse we looked at. Runs about 22 mpg.

Very silent and stable. I like the ride. I hope to see higher mileage maintenance a little cheaper than a van, since it's not quite so mechanically compact as a van. Almost everything on the inside runs on a touch screen, which I'm getting used to... Ours has the trailering package and is rated for 4500 lbs towed.

You'll either love or hate the look... it's plenty boxy, but great room inside. I have some doubts about the bottom of the doors on a gravel road. Seems like they'd carry a lot of dirt, the way the bottom lip is formed.

You mentioned Honda vans. We've had two. LOVED the '01. Bulletproof. Had an 05 for a while--Not Honda's best effort. Transmission problems and just not reliable.

good luck.

How is the room for a 6'4" 255 lb man? We went from a Tahoe to a Nissan Pathfinder, (not my doing) as wifey wanted something lower to the ground for her and my 93 year old mom. I don't drive it unless I absolutely have to as my right knee is against the dash and console, if I'm ever in a wreck in it I'll be crippled.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)