AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Waterhemp didn't die, now what?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

lawfarms
Posted 6/28/2016 22:04 (#5381990 - in reply to #5381857)
Subject: RE: Waterhemp didn't die, now what?

King City, Mo
Well get your game face on and study your opponent....

Here rup quit working several years ago and until you have a train wreck and eat that stuff threw the combine over several acres you don't get serious about weeds.

Step 1 - ID the weed.

Step 2 - load the gun

Winter annual weeds like marestail take a different approach then summer weeds like twh. The winter annuals fall spraying or early spring spraying helps.

Summer weeds like twh you need an agressive pre program with 3 modes of action plus some 2,4-D seems to work and spray at 21 days post with a group 15 product like Zidua, dual, warrant plus a burner like flexstar, cobra, blazer. Then pray for a quick row canopy. Rotating modes of action keeps the weeds from building resistance. If you studied psychology any think about Pablo's Dog (classical conditioning) and weeds get conditioned to the same plan of rup and more rup and you kill the population that is succiptable and leave the ones that are resistant.

If you see emerged twh when your planting don't ignore it. Might be wise to shut down or chase the planter with Paraquat and sencore.

Even if the field is clean.... Spray at 21 days. I'm over that this year but didn't want to spray when it was so dry earlier and then the wheat was ready. The treflan and Zidua has held good pre on twh and only some grass, burrs, sunflowers are the major weeds. I'm sure their is some twh but it's not bad.

I've had mutiple reports of marestail in cereal the this year......

Take action on weeds is a good webpage that had/has? A free booklet you can get to help make all this make since.

Another thing is there are no stupid questions especially when it comes to weed control. You need a plan that fits your operation and how you want a farm. Herbicide labels are several pages along and it's best to ask a question instead of jacking up your crop. I have to reread things my self to make sure I'm remembering right.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)