AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Organic no no? Bad image?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jbgruver
Posted 6/29/2016 22:17 (#5382344 - in reply to #5381830)
Subject: RE: Organic no no? Bad image? (photo added)

maybe you should try planting organic no-till beans into triticale next year.

as discussed in the thread at the following link, triticale seems to produce much less pollen than cereal rye:
http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=635847

this year we planted into "Fridge" triticale about a week after pollen shed started and very little pollen was still being shed.

we didn't have access to a tractor with guidance on the day we wanted to plant beans so we started by rolling the triticale with a cultimulcher.
we then planted randomized plots of 5 replications of 2 different soybean varieties (BRH 34A7 vs. BRH 39C4) using a 15' JD750 drill pulled by a tractor with dual wheels. All planting was done in the same direction as rolling. About 5 days later (shortly before the beans started emerging), I rolled again with the cultimulcher. This sequence permanently knocked down nearly all of the triticale.

I just received an error message when I tried to upload a photo. I will try again tomorrow.

just added a photo taken last Sunday. Most of the triticale is laying down more uniformly than is shown in the attached pic. I will post some additional pics this evening.

Joel
WIU Agriculture

Edited by jbgruver 6/30/2016 09:04

(IMG_0171.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0171.JPG (195KB - 48 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)