AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Salford Plow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dennis SEND
Posted 6/25/2016 23:13 (#5375968)
Subject: Salford Plow

As I continue to raise more COC the large amount of residue created from near 200 bushel corn is starting to affect my next year corn crop, as residue just does not break down as fast up here in the frozen north I have tried using a Case 870 ripper, Wishek disk, chisel plow, purchased a mulch finisher think that would help in the spring all to no avail so I am going to go back to plowing my COC acres.

I was lucky enough to stumble across a brand new, but 3 year old never in the dirt 8214 Salford plow that some bean counter at Titan machinery decided to was time to move that I bought for 49,000
it even has a full set of coulters, I almost couldn't believe the price but that is what the outlet store sold it to me for, question is it only has the 2 springs per trip bottom, when looking at used ones seems about 50/50 if they have the 3rd spring or not those of you familiar with Salford plows is the 3rd spring necessary or not, local dealer wants $200 per spring so if I don't need it not going to buy them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)