AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Losing sky track signal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/25/2016 09:12 (#5374794 - in reply to #5374035)
Subject: RE: Losing sky track signal

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
yathink - 6/24/2016 19:07

Using a sky track "hockey puck" to get speed control for raven 450 moniter. Keep losing the signal. Have to shut moniter off for a while, turn it back on and wait for a while and then signal comes back. Happened 4 times in 50 acre field. Not sure what to do.

Here's a thought that may or may not apply to your wiring:

With a sky track and and a Raven 450,the power source for the Sky Track must come from a 12V source directly and not from the Raven 3 pin plug. There is power on the 3 pin plug but it is only 5V which is suitable for a wheel sensor using magnets. 12V is available from the Raven harness on the Orange wire sticking out of the console harness. This orange wire will be 12V whenever the Raven power switch is on. This source among others is sufficient for the Sky-track. By using this wire, the Sky-track will go ON/OFF with the Raven power switch which is handy.

The Raven harness should go directly to the battery. As I recall some of the very early Sky Tracks tried to use power off of the 3 pin Raven speed plug. This was later changed so the power/ground are separate wires. If the wires on the Sky Track to Raven harness have a separate red and black wire, I would connect the Sky Trak red to the Raven Orange. The Sky Track black can go to the Raven white. Then whenever the Raven power switch is ON, the Sky Track should be getting good power/ground.

Many Sky tracks have an LED indicator on them that can help with troubleshooting.

Edited by tedbear 6/25/2016 09:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)