AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"elderly" parent making bad choices!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

AR1920
Posted 6/26/2016 10:02 (#5376514 - in reply to #5371752)
Subject: RE: "elderly" parent making bad choices!!!!

NEMO
We are going through this with my dad now. He's 81 but looking back it started several years ago with making poor decisions and only seeing what needed to be done on the farm if it was right in front of him at the time. Like we need to take out this fence and build a new one when it was time to be planting or something else more important. He went in the shop and got some chemicals and sprayed around the buildings this spring and killed the rhubarb patch ( which he really likes) then stepped in the spray and walked around the yard killing the grass with every step. I've learned not to get mad anymore because that doesn't help anyone and a lot of my anger was me being upset because he was no longer the smart strong person he used to be. I do try to point out in a nice way that he shouldn't do these things but its hard because he just wants to help. We don't let him drive anymore because it usually doesn't end without something getting torn up. You have gotten a lot of good advice in these posts and I want you to know your not alone.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)