AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"elderly" parent making bad choices!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Red/Green
Posted 6/23/2016 19:50 (#5372178 - in reply to #5372008)
Subject: RE: "elderly" parent making bad choices!!!!

Elizabethtown,KY
I went through hell for 10 years with my 2 old maid aunts who had dementia, and then my father. The aunts were my dad's sisters, mom and dad didn't want to get involved, so it fell to me. Both of them had let their paperwork get in terrible shape, one had even let her medi-care lapse, it was a trip getting all that straightened out! This started Ground hog day of '99 with them, one died in Dec of 2000 and the other passed in Feb of '02, I had both of them in the same family care home at the same time.

By the time they were gone my dad had mild dementia and it got steadily worse, he had a stroke in November of '03, he went straight from the hospital to a nursing home where he spent his last 5 years. He had gotten so bad that mom and I couldn't handle him at home after the stroke. The last year he didn't even know me, and he and I had worked together all my life except for 2 years, he passed in November of '08.

I could write a book about Alzheimer's, it is a terrible disease, plus the fact that you lose them twice, once while they are living and again when they pass...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)