AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Paypal vs pay.pal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

YawLes
Posted 6/13/2016 17:32 (#5352909 - in reply to #5350906)
Subject: Check the URL when a link is clicked, as well

Another favorite of the phisher is to create a link with a valid looking icon to click that will take you to their favorite phishing hole. The link will have the copied-and-pasted artwork from the original web-site, but they link the icon to their own, valid looking web-site that will suck in you, your user name and password.

NEVER click an offered link on any e-mails - even valid, bona fide requests from PayPal, eBay, Amazon, your bank, cell phone company, etc.. Bookmark the web-sites you do business with as you develop relationships or accounts with them. Then never use any other means of getting to their web-sites.

HELP FIGHT THE PHISHERS - Many companies want to know about these ne'r-do-wells, and welcome you forwarding to them the phising e-mails. When I have gotten a fraudulent e-mail, I forwarded them to [email protected] or [email protected]... shortly thereafter I would get back a response. Amazon's e-mail addy for this stuff is [email protected]. You don't need to send any explanations, simply forward the e-mail - the entire header is desired for more info on where the damned thing came from.

You may also find of interest a separate posting on "TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATIONS" which helps stop fraud as well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)