AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

hardi sprayer commander 1200 good and bad
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

kaky9236
Posted 5/31/2016 10:39 (#5329824)
Subject: hardi sprayer commander 1200 good and bad

ne nebraska
Going to look at one sometime this week. Has the diaphram pump, PTO driven(maybe they are all that way, don't know much about hardi sprayers). Foamer, eductor, microtrak controller. 2004 model, 1200 gal tank. What do I watch out for on these? Would convert it over to be run by agleader if possible. I was thinking I wanted a hydraulic run centrifigul pump, but maybe the diaphram pumps are ok??? If it makes a diffrence, would be spraying 15 gal of water per acre, and would not be spraying and liquid nitrogen.

Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
AGB
Posted 5/31/2016 16:11 (#5330198 - in reply to #5329824)
Subject: RE: hardi sprayer commander 1200 good and bad

Mid-Michigan
The only thing I'd inspect well are the booms. If your series you might have him put some water in and see how it sprays. As for compatibility, you probably are going to be fine. I have green star stuff on mine. Works great.
MI Fruit+Veg
Posted 5/31/2016 19:37 (#5330514 - in reply to #5330198)

Southwest Michigan
I also own a 1200 gal commander it is my 3rd Hardi and the only Pull type sprayer I would own. The pump is a Huge pump and if It has been greased regularly and maintained it should be fine. We replaced ours 3yrs ago and it was over $2300 NEW. Also Hardi Tech service is Awsome any problem you have with the sprayer they can help you with it . . Look at the Booms and normal wear points. I have NEVER had a problem with the electric valves over 25 yrs and 3 sprayers . We also use the chem Inductor and foam marker for odd shaped fields . With no problems.
MI Fruit+Veg
Posted 5/31/2016 19:42 (#5330524 - in reply to #5329824)

Southwest Michigan
PTO pump is fine, 3880 rate controller is Obsolete. should be updated to a 5500 not sure if that is the correct number or not

monse
Posted 5/31/2016 20:45 (#5330713 - in reply to #5329824)

NE ND
Just remember that all the fittings are metric and use a horse shoe u bolt clamp with a metric o ring. They are a really nice to disconnect but I think Hardi is the only place you can buy them. Make sure you oil the o ring slightly when you reconnect them. You have to go through Hardi for nozzles or TeeJet has an adaptor to use regular. I bought the adaptor and new TeeJet nozzles and I think that was cheaper than the price of just new Hardi nozzles. Parts are spendy buy how often do you really buy much for sprayer other than nozzles. The parts books are available on line. That being said, I have a Hardi twin Commander 1200. I really like mine. I have the twin force booms. It rides fantastic across the field. I too have thought when the pto pump goes out I will replace with a hydo one. Have not had any trouble with my pump and it is a 1998 model I think.
Farmercreacraft
Posted 5/31/2016 23:15 (#5331067 - in reply to #5329824)

North West PA Or 20 yrs behind the West
It is a hardi. What comes to my mind is a yugo.
Hardi Tech. Service
Posted 6/1/2016 08:49 (#5331483 - in reply to #5329824)

Davenport, Iowa
HARDI works directly with Agleader so there are several different options availible to control the sprayer that route.

The diapragm pump is one of the strongest pumps on the market. Capable of 70-90GPM @ 220PSI (depending on model).

Converting a diaphragm to centrifugal and vice versa is not recommended however as the fluid systems are plumbed differently. A diaphragm pump is a positive displacement pump requiring a safety relief and path to the tank at all times, centrifugals are not therefor the regulating vlaves work differently between the two types.

Booms are generally strong, rarely see welding on them.
kaky9236
Posted 6/1/2016 12:38 (#5331814 - in reply to #5331483)

ne nebraska
By your username, I assume you work at the factory or a hardy dealership. Any more info you could give me on that model would be appreciated. I pretty well wrote it off thinking I didn't want a diaphram pump, as I do not know much about them, and the rarity of parts. My email in profile is good if you prefer that way.
Thanks.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)