AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What a gorgeous day!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

00rooster
Posted 5/29/2016 15:57 (#5326946 - in reply to #5326896)
Subject: RE: What a gorgeous day!

He fine, better than before. He is still emotional and defiant, but his mother and I understand what is happening with him now. I got The New Strong Willed child by Dr James Dobson and my wife and I read it together. It was enlightening and a tremendous help. What he described in his book what exactly what we were dealing with.

Now we know why he fights.....he just wants to see if he can win. Now that I understand it, my wife and I can deal with it better. The fights are just going to be part of our lives for a long while. It was also helpful in giving us the confidence that it wasn't us that screwed him up, rather it's just his personality. Because we really did feel like we failed somewhere. There were some mistakes made, but nobody was a perfect parent.

I'd highly recommend that book to anybody with a defiant child, or that knows someone with one. At the very least you'll understand what they are going through. Because if you've never experienced it firsthand you probably just can't relate.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)