AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for the wives
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 5/28/2016 21:17 (#5325777 - in reply to #5325604)
Subject: RE: Question for the wives

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

cottonhauler's wife - 5/28/2016 19:57 Before I ask this question, allow me to admit that I know very little about agriculture. I am, as my husband says, a "city girl", but I support my husband in his love of agriculture as he supports my love of education (I'm a teacher and school counselor). I know there is much to be learned from Ag-Talk, and I think it's great that people from all over can connect over their shared interests. But does any wife out there ever feel that her husband's love of Ag-Talk is a bit too consuming? When we eat a meal, his fork is in his right hand, his phone (with Ag-Talk) is in his left. As soon as the alarm goes off in the morning, Ag-Talk is on while he watches the morning news. And on it goes. So, am I the only one who feels that too much Ag-Talk (as with too much anything) is harmful to a marriage?

The other side of the coin here..........I'm the computer nerd in our house, I'm the one hanging out on NAT more. He's more inclined toward YT or some of the other antique and IH sites. But as soon as there is an issue or question he has, I hear "Hey, ask those guys on AgTalk what they did to fix........". So I post the question and watch the answers. But yes, agreed, meal time together is generally tech-free. It's important to pay attention to each other once in a while! :) We watch the morning news together over coffee, I read the local paper online, check FB and NAT, and share the best stories or episodes with him. It works for us; you have to find what works for you and cottonhauler. You might try checking out the various forums on NAT yourself.......there's a world of info here and I'd think it would be a pretty good way to broaden your knowledge base on ag items. Read your husband's posts, the replies to them and it will probably make you feel a little more comfortable in farm conversations with him.  And keep posting here yourself! It's always good to have another voice! 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)