AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DJI Phantom 3 Pro Problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

GAFarmer55
Posted 5/25/2016 13:02 (#5319752)
Subject: DJI Phantom 3 Pro Problem

South Georgia
I bought a DJI Phantom Pro 3 last November and have flown it a lil, about 53 minutes worth of flight time only. Well was flying it today and flew one battery. It was flying good, making good video. As the battery was getting low, and the Ipad was beeping at me about that, stopped the tractor to land the phantom and get it. I guess the battery got low enough that it decided it was going to go back to home position. As it started its track back, I tried to stop it, but nothing would change the route. It flew about 20 feet away and started loosing altitude and coming down. At this point I figured the battery gave out, but it recovered and went back up, as it did it fell again crashing into the dirt. When I got to it 3 motors were gone up in smoke, the frame was melting, and the drone was still trying to go. Could not get it shut down, had to pull the battery to stop it, I talked to a tech, and he said they burn up when they bind in tall grass or on ground. 2 Motors that were in the air burned up, one motor that was on dirt burned up, other motor on dirt is fine as it appears. Motors are bad enough that the coils are burnt looking, smells burned, had smoke pouring out of 3 motors, and melted the frame where motors bolt on.

Has anyone else had anything like this happen? and if so what did you do to get it fixed? Lil dissappointed that it did this.

Sorry for the long post,
GAFarmer55

I will add pictures it made before crashing later on.

Edited by GAFarmer55 5/25/2016 13:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)