AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble Field IQ rate control module failure
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/25/2016 06:54 (#5319161 - in reply to #5317693)
Subject: RE: Trimble Field IQ rate control module failure

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I too would think that having the wires "come out the bottom" would be the best mounting location. At a Tech class some years ago, the advice was to mount the module so the connectors came "out the side" as they felt there was less problem that way than having them come out the bottom. I have several Ag Leader modules and have not had problems with them. They are all mounted with the wires coming out the side. My rigs are usually in a shed when not being used to this may be an unfair test.

I have seen moisture problems in different Ag electronics through the years. Many times I feel the problem is due to condensation rather than rain or a wash job. I believe that certain devices might be improved if they had a weep hole drilled into their case to allow the condensation to dry out rather than try to seal the enclosure even more. Trying to keep condensation out by better sealing is almost impossible.

This is somewhat similar to the concept of a Beaver System for a dry basement. Rather than try to seal up the basement perfectly so no water gets in, provide a safe path for the water to "get away".
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)