AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble Field IQ rate control module failure
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

00rooster
Posted 5/24/2016 09:03 (#5317693)
Subject: Trimble Field IQ rate control module failure

The other day I posted in the Machinery forum about a Rawson hydraulic drive that was malfunctioning. Remarkably and gladly it turned out the drive was fine, instead the Rawson Control module was the problem.

I wanted to know what happened to the old one so I took it apart and there was moisture inside. The module was secured to my toolbar in an upright position(wires plugged into the bottom), but somehow it still got water inside. There was corrosion on some wires circuit board and you can see the circuit board got hot in one area, and can even smell the burnt circuit board smell.

I built this planter in 2010, so its 6 years old and I'm sure there is no such thing as a warranty, but I can't figure out how water got inside. It did sit out in the rain this spring even though I typically run in inside so the planter never sits in the rain. But I can't see anything wrong with the seal on the case, nor can I see that the case is broken or cracked. Maybe some things just happen, but just how "waterproof" are they Deutch cases for these modules? I do not use a pressure washer to clean anything, I use a firehose nozzle on my water tank for my sprayer to wash things.

I had a R & S control module go bad inexplicably last year, and I just scavenged a different one from an different piece of equipment to finish sidedressing. Maybe I should open that one up too and see if there is moisture inside. That one is around a lot of water when I go to wash the sidedress rig off. Maybe I should take them apart every time I get done washing things up and put away for the season to make sure they are dry inside.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)