AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More rotational grazing questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

deere5010
Posted 5/22/2016 22:05 (#5315381)
Subject: More rotational grazing questions

Nebraska
That's right it's me again.

I've got 11 acres that is a big rectangle that the cows enter from almost the center and go left or right into each paddock.

I'm using polywire on reels and step in posts only. As its rented. I am thinking I'm going to put t-posts every 150' to hang reel on but I use my front wire as lane wire also. I just use a back wire but do not even connect it to power.

What is a good way to secure reels to these t posts without buying everything. I am using baling wire now but that's just a failure waiting to happen. These are Gallagher geared reels by the way.

It took me and my wife almost and hour to set up new paddock tonight before milking but she's not here to help through the week and I'm thinking about how long of summer this will be if we don't make it easier but I have limited pasture and like what I see milk wise to keep going forward with this.

Looking for options to make this quicker for me through the summer. Any pictures?

I attached a picture of the pasture that I'm currently grazing off so that everybody can see what I'm doing wrong!

Edited by deere5010 5/22/2016 22:08

(image.jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpeg (71KB - 94 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)