AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*****Weigh In's For 5/22/16*****
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 5/22/2016 08:05 (#5314142)
Subject: *****Weigh In's For 5/22/16*****

Good Sunday Morning. Beautiful weekend here in WI, we have first cutting hay down right now, hoping the crew will be there to put it up today. Scattered rain predicted for tomorrow night. Need good first cutting. I hope you all are being careful out there. Dave doesn't do that much tractor work anymore, but he had to mow hay yesterday. Even with the most comfortable tractor his back can get aggravated from sitting to long. So I reminded him what I tell all of you guys to get out of the tractor and stretch. Heck, I had to take my own advice this week. I was painting at my son's house. With my arthritis, standing still with knees locked is the worst thing for me. So standing on a ladder can be a real pain. So when I would step down to move the ladder, I would do some marching steps and I had music playing. Let's just say I am glad no one was watching.

Let's talk about portion control. We have been doing this for awhile now. You think you know how many ounces you are suppose to be taking for a portion. Do you ever double check it? Good rule of thumb is to not pile the food on your plate, keep your food from touching each other. Use smaller plates and bowls. Avoid processed foods.

So hard when you have to weigh in on Sunday morning, we went out with friends for dinner last night. I didn't drink, only had water, I did have a cup of soup and was worried about the salt content, and I ordered shrimp. Should have had grilled, but no, I had to have the coconut shrimp. They gave me six, and I gave two away. I thought the scale would be up today, but I lost a pound, Dave gained .8, maybe his three drinks and my shrimp along with what he ate was his problem.

How was your week. I am hoping that Glen will hit his 100 pound mark today.

Have a great week.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)