AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Filters on sprayer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Rayl
Posted 5/6/2016 07:15 (#5285465)
Subject: Filters on sprayer

Saline County, Mo
Do you all run filters from your tank to pump?
Got dry atrazine and plugs the my filter between tank and pump pretty quick. Pump is an ace centrifugal
Old sprayer tank mixing chemicals
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Case9350
Posted 5/6/2016 09:15 (#5285688 - in reply to #5285465)
Subject: RE: Filters on sprayer

I have never seen a filter between the tank and the pump. of course I have only had 3 different sprayers, my first sprayer was a pull type flex-coil then my next was a Top Air 1100 (which I have for sale if any body is interested) and now I have a Rogator 1264. None of them placed a filter between tank and pump. They all three filtered the product after the pump to the rest of the system and then another filter before the booms (one for each boom) then of course the little screen at each nozzle. I change the filter after the pump to a larger screen when doing atrazine.
Fingers77
Posted 5/6/2016 09:36 (#5285723 - in reply to #5285465)

Running one of the first STS Hagie's here and filters are after pump. Never have much trouble with atrazine.
Indianajones
Posted 5/6/2016 09:57 (#5285750 - in reply to #5285465)

I have a filter on the suction side of the pump with a fairly large screen in it. I had more issues with the after pump filters with atrazine.
INDY
BurkFarms
Posted 5/6/2016 11:13 (#5285840 - in reply to #5285750)

East Central Indiana
Am I correct interpreting your last sentence that you are loading chemicals through the top of your sprayer and not some sort of induction cone?

If so I would say that's your issue. Granular ATZ is not going dissolve well by just dumping it in.

I could be totally wrong here and misread your post.
frytownfarmer
Posted 5/6/2016 11:16 (#5285846 - in reply to #5285840)

Frytown, Iowa

i dump in granular ATZ in the top along with AMS however i don't have a filter on the suction side of the pump... but have filters out the wazoo heading towards the booms...

Rayl
Posted 5/6/2016 16:52 (#5286173 - in reply to #5285840)

Saline County, Mo
You are correct. Inductor is on the list. I'm using a 70s john Deere 550 pull type. As much as I cuss the stupid thing it saves even a small small farmer like me a lot of money. Need to make it auto. The manual controls suck. How hard are inductors to install?
AGB
Posted 5/6/2016 17:15 (#5286186 - in reply to #5286173)

Mid-Michigan
Pre mix your atrazine in a 5 gal. bucket. Mix it well. Don't ever leave your tank loaded overnight. Rinse your sprayer very well when done. If you ever spray powdered manganese, do the same thing. Older sprayers just don't have enough agitation.
PatCMO
Posted 5/6/2016 22:14 (#5286648 - in reply to #5286173)

Pilot Grove, Missouri
I have an older sprayer also (300 gal 3pt). I have no strainer on the suction side of the pump. It had one when I bought it and when replacing hoses and such before using it someone at FDS suggested getting rid of the suction strainer and just running strainers in each boom section. I load AMS and dry atrazine through the top of the sprayer all the time with no problems. I try to make sure the tank is at least half full and have full agitation going before adding the atrazine. I try to never leave atrazine in the tank and lines overnight and usually flush the booms with water when done for the day. I have gotten caught with a partial tank a couple times and a full tank the other day (breakdown). i have never had any trouble as long as I have agitated the mix good for a while. Patrick
tmrand
Posted 5/8/2016 08:55 (#5288364 - in reply to #5286648)

Southeast Colorado
Consensus on here is that "if" your water needs AMS............then the AMS needs to be in your water for at least an hour before adding chemicals. Don't shoot the messenger. Since learning that I add it to my supply tank.
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)