AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Expectations of ISP
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Land_Surfer
Posted 5/2/2016 22:22 (#5279126)
Subject: Expectations of ISP

I am at my wits end over the level of internet speed I am paying for and what I am actually receiving. I am paying for 50mbps download and only get that speed part of the day (doing speed test often). I will accept a 20-30% drop every now and then in my download speed, that doesn't hurt anything really, but as soon a 4-5pm roll around it drops like a bomb to 0.9 - 4.5 mbps rendering corporate network access and the use of itunes or the cloud useless... 2-3 hour download times for movies already purchased stored on the cloud. I don't know what to do. I am using this service for business and when it drops off during the day is interrupts business, especially when conducting webinars.

As long as I don't get what I am paying for I will continue to call Mediacom tech support, which I have to every other day on average and their service techs are here at my place at least twice a week because tech support runs out of options. Techs show up knowing there is little to nothing else they can do. They have already admitted its their fault, not enough power at the node (i.e. junction), which is 90 miles away. I just tell them when they leave I'll see them in a couple days, as I will continue to call until I have satisfaction. I don't know what else to do. Mediacom is the only service provider around. I just want what I am paying for, from an ISP, as consistently as I get service from my other utilities. As long as I am bothered by their poor performance, I am going to bother them. Am I wrong?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)