AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I need some advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Pvafarm
Posted 5/10/2016 18:21 (#5293240 - in reply to #5277882)
Subject: RE: I need some advice

Southeast WI
I just read a few responses so forgive me if you've heard this already.

You have to be all in if you are going to farm or run your own business of any type. Debt is a fact of life, and it is not a bad thing if it gets you to where you want to be. Some people can't handle that thought of owing large amts of money for extended period of time. That's OK because everyone is made differently. It's not a good or bad, it just is.

You and your wife have to be all in. She must understand that growing up with the farm, but if she doesn't it won't work. You will miss things once in awhile, however you have to have the ability to take off work to get to family things. I never made it to every soccer game or whatever, but I've made it to many things. And still do with teen daughters.

If you don't get up almost every day thinking about what you are going to do instead of dreading to get out of bed, you shouldn't work for yourself. Every day I say "I'm going forward and here's what we are going to accomplish today, this week, this month, etc". You need that vision, otherwise it won't be the path for you.

And that's OK. We get one chance at this life. Be happy above all other things. It is your life with your family.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)