AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Serial cable from raven to integra
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/1/2016 07:28 (#5275047 - in reply to #5274273)
Subject: RE: Serial cable from raven to integra

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
gemarsh - 4/30/2016 17:47

I see. I thought a cable went from the 450 to the display cable and would do something. I have a module but no harnesses. I will forgo anymore with the serial cable.

Thanks.

I've done this several times. Here's what's involved, you will need an App Rate module that connects to the Ag Leader CAN bus like any other module through the 4 pin CAN connector. This module does not need high current power so there is no two pole Deutsch connector like most other modules have.

You will need an Ag Leader cable to go from the App Rate Module to the Raven. There are at least two different cables available for this. You need the one designated to work with Raven. I have one of these but not longer use it.

A configuration needs to be created. This is fairly simple. There are some settings on the Raven that are important. These are available within the menu on the 450 if it has the 9 pin connector on the back. The settings are BAUD 9600, Trigger units - Seconds, Trigger Interval 1, and Datalogger ON.

To check for proper operation, fire up the Ag Leader and Raven 450. Choose the configuration etc. On the Ag Leader screen you will have the ability to change the target rate for Rate 1. Type in a value in the Ag Leader, you should hear a beep and notice that this value has been transferred to Rate 1 on the Raven 450. This proves that the Ag Leader is talking to the Raven.

Next play with the boom section switches and master on the Raven, the widths should change on the Ag Leader screen, if this happens then the Raven is talking to the Ag Leader. Both of these tests must work or you will not get much.

What would you gain? You will get an onscreen map of where you have sprayed and a rate map. You could create an Rx on a memory stick and have the Ag Leader control the rate of the Raven for variable rate application. You will get a very complete summary on the Ag Leader.

You would really get all of the functions of using an Ag Leader liquid module to run the sprayer entirely EXCEPT you can not have auto swath.

It sounds as if you may have access to a module, if so about all you would need extra is the proper cable from the App Rate Module to the Raven. On the other hand if you are going to go with a liquid module eventually, it may not be worth the effort.

Edited by tedbear 5/1/2016 07:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)