AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven 450 accumulates distance but shows 0 mph
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Crossflow
Posted 4/29/2016 21:53 (#5272757)
Subject: Raven 450 accumulates distance but shows 0 mph

SE MN
I have a new to me Raven 450 to control a new to me pull type sprayer (Sprayer Specialties). The speed sensor that came with the sprayer had a badly damaged wiring harness so I had the sprayer mfg send a new harness/speed sensor out. I hooked the sensor up and mounted it to read off the wheel studs (same location as old sensor was mounted). I set the gap tight to the wheel studs, and verified the red light on the sensor lit up when the stud passed by the sensor. My initial speed cal was 840. At this cal number the Raven accumulated distance very slowly ( 1 ft for very roughly every 20 ft traveled, and always showed 0.0 mph for speed). I upped the speed call to 9999. At this cal the Raven is accumulating distance (very roughly) about half as fast as it should. The speed always shows 0.0 mph.

Why would the raven accumulate distance but show 0 as a speed?

I cannot mount the speed sensor any closer to the wheel studs than it already is, without damaging the sensor. I tried a larger gap (0.12") also and that did not help.

I checked the voltage at the end of the harness between the Raven and the speed sensor harness, there was +5.0 V between signal and ground, and +5.0 between power and ground (matches what the book says it should be).

Any suggestions?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)