AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven 660 - encoder value
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/30/2016 07:16 (#5273122 - in reply to #5272392)
Subject: RE: Raven 660 - encoder value

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I believe they had different encoders for different speeds. A common one produced 180 pulses/revolution. Internally the encoder uses an optical sensor that looked at a rotating disc. The disc had alternating areas of black and white. The difference in the encoders was the number of these pie shaped pieces on the disc. For the slow turning applications, there were more alternating pie shaped pieces than for the fast turning applications.

Many applications could use either. If an encoder with lots of stripes was used on a fast turning shaft then the sensor couldn't count them since they would appear as a blur. On the other hand if an encoder with only a few strips was used on a slow turning shaft, things didn't work well since the action was too slow.

If it is a genuine Raven there should have been a tag on the device. If there is no tag for the cal number, there may be a part number which could be used to trace down the value.

The encoder value is entered in the Meter Cal register. This would be the flow meter cal location with a liquid flow meter.

Edited by tedbear 4/30/2016 07:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)