AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Earls - Grinding my gears
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Seth_ia
Posted 4/29/2016 09:47 (#5271439 - in reply to #5270884)
Subject: RE: Earls - Grinding my gears

There is only an opportunity there if these idiots on face book are willing to pay what it costs to produce their desired products. I'm not an economist, but if the practices that are list in the FB post above were implemented, I could easily see a 50% increase in cost and maybe more. Frankly most consumers are not willing to pay for what they claim they want so there is no market. If these idealistic consumers were really willing to put their money were there mouth was, then there would be a Whole Foods or similar on ever street corner and conventional grocery stores would be ghost towns. This is obviously not the case. Consumers like cheap food!

Historical returns to livesock(and ag in general) don't leave enough money for producers to implement feel good practices like some consumers claim to want. Ag is a commodity business and only the least cost producers survive. That is the basic economics of our industry. Consumers will have to pay for these dumb ideas one way or another and most do not want to hear that. They think that they can get something for nothing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)