AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Did I outsmart myself trying to manage AB lines in Trimble FMX?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mohr-power
Posted 4/28/2016 15:29 (#5269590)
Subject: Did I outsmart myself trying to manage AB lines in Trimble FMX?

West-Central IL
I have a boat load of AB lines for each farm. Four for each side, plus 3 more around any buidings, plus each side of every waterway, dry dam, etc. On top of that, I have that many AB lines for each implement (40' corn planter, 38' bean planter, 29' combine platform, 20' corn head, 100' sprayer, 80' fertilizer spreader), well you get the idea. It makes finding the right AB line not only time consuming but almost impossible. I try to enter all of one implement together but I inevitably end up needing to shift one or two for some reason and before long, they are all jumbled up. If Trimble would just make it so they were alphabetical, I could put a P in front of each AB line name for planter or a S in front of AB line name for Sprayer and they would at least all be together in one block. But that would be to easy! . . . Soooooooooooo

My "smart" idea was to enter the "Grower Name", "Farm Name", and then in the "Field Name" put the implement name. So for the corn planter I called the field name "PC" (Plant Corn). Now only the AB lines associated with the corn planter show up for that farm when I am in fact planting corn. This worked awesome. I only have to scroll thru 10-15 AB lines to find the one I want instead of 50+ as was the case before.

However, I got to "think'n". When I come back to harvest, I wont be able to see my variety maps in the combine since it thinks I am in a different "Field". Is there any way around this other than to combine my planting and harvesting AB lines into the same "Field"?

How do you guys manage your AB lines?

Edited by mohr-power 4/28/2016 15:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)