AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

while we bicker over a check off
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

oldskool
Posted 4/28/2016 07:11 (#5268363 - in reply to #5268241)
Subject: RE: while we bicker over a check off

I'm not sure I follow cornlover. Maybe I misunderstood, but the information I read indicated the state of MO voted not to add a dollar for their own check off, but are still required to pay the original dollar as do the rest of us. How does that equal riding our shirttails when we all pay the same?

I guess we're on opposite sides of the checkoff fence. You are right I don't care for it, but I don't want it changed, just don't want it at all. Too similar to a predator control tax, I have to pay for someone to trap/hunt predators but I prefer guard dogs. They don't pay for my dog food or dogs yet my tax dollars furnish them with fuel ammo and pay their hourly wage. So now I'm paying twice for predator control, and when there was just trapping/hunting I was still losing livestock.

There is no way the check off can spend that money better than the individual in marketing their individual product. The guy growing and promoting grass fed beef, organic/hormone free, or any breed specific has to pay double to promote their product. The check off can't offer that specific advertising as they took everyone's money so they have to promote all beef equally.

Also to the OP: kinda curious what this ship has to do with the check off? Australia is much closer to China than we are. To my knowledge our port cities are not setup to handle 20000 live feeders, much less load them inside 24 hrs. Just don't see this being a reality in the US we live in today.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)