AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Replacement windows
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 4/30/2016 08:53 (#5273328 - in reply to #5273147)
Subject: RE: Replacement windows

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

case8930 - 4/30/2016 07:33 Like someone else mentioned earlier, its more about the installation anymore than the brand. You could ask 100 people and get 100 different answers. Obviously I wouldn't be going with some really cheap no-name brand but I really don't think you can go wrong with Pella, Gerkin, Marvin, Anderson, etc... The main thing is have them installed right. I would say that is the common cause for many problems over the windows themselves. Don't get some shady outfit putting them in or don't do it yourself if you're not sure what you're doing.

You may be right, I guess I have no experience with any other windows, so I'll defer. However, the Pellas that I got talked in to putting in our addition 19 years ago are significantly inferior quality compared to the same style Pellas in the original part of our house and have multiple seal failures around the moving part of the casement. And Pella says that it's no problem that seal material is hanging out beneath the sash when the window is open or closed. And the exterior clad wood of the entire lower frame of a stationary window has completely rotted out in that 19 years. We have no choice but to replace. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)