AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How do you block junk mail on an iPad ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

golfnut
Posted 4/30/2016 09:05 (#5273352 - in reply to #5273008)
Subject: RE: How do you block junk mail on an iPad ?

Central Nebraska

IowaMark - 4/30/2016 06:11 Provider is Evertek out of Emmestsburg, IA. How do I find out if I'm using POP or IMAP? I went into settings but can't seem to find it. Thanks

Go to Settings > Mail, Contact, Calendars > Choose your Evertek email account > Account > You should see an line in here for outgoing mail server.  

If this doesn't help you then answer these questions.  If you send an email from your phone does it show up in the sent folder on other devices?  If you delete a message on your phone does it delete it on other devices?

IMAP syncs with other devices because it is always keeping the messages on the server and simply acting as viewer.  POP mail downloads the messages off the server and stores them on your physical device.  POP mail is old school, hard to manage on multiple devices.  IMAP is modern and designed for users who check their mail from multiple devices.

Junk mail settings are going to be handled differently for each type of account.  I use GMail (which is IMAP) and they have a wonderful Junk/Spam filtering system.  My local ISP also offers filtering at the server level but it is much more difficult to manage.

I'm a huge GMail fan and recommend everyone use it.  You can still use your existing evertek account through gmail by adding it to the gmail account.  It will check your messages, delete them off the server, process them for junk/spam, and allow you to send email from your evertek account.  There are lots of tutorials online on how to set it up.  I just did it for our church last week and the process was seamless.  Users love it. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)