AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*****Weigh Ins For 4/24/16*****
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 4/24/2016 08:20 (#5260350)
Subject: *****Weigh Ins For 4/24/16*****

Good Sunday Morning, cloudy and drizzly here this morning but suppose to get up to the 70's this afternoon, but a cooler week this week. Hoping you are are able to get into the fields, but take those much needed breaks and get your butt out of the tractor seat and move around a bit. Even a quick 5 minutes to stretch those legs. I mean you guys have to pee sometime, so take advantage of it and move a bit. Pee and jog in place, LOL that would be a sight. Many of you have auto steer on your tractors, so while going down those long rows, do some buttock pinches, pinch and hold for as long as you can or until you have to turn. Stretch while sitting there, raise your arms up and twist from your waist from side to side. Don't just sit and slump, sit up straight, put your shoulders back. Just because you are sitting in the tractor doesn't mean you have to be just sitting there. The companies have made the tractors so comfortable, so you need to do the moving yourself now.

I have to mention a Fitbit challenge that I was asked to be in. My niece asked me to join her group for a weekend challenge. So here I am with a group of young 30 something ladies. I thought they will kill me in this. I woke up yesterday and saw one girl must have gotten up early and had gotten a good early walk in already with 7000 some steps in. So I thought I better get moving. Remember, these things measure every step you take even if you are doing house work or outside yard work. So I still got my house clean, but I went out for 4 different walks yesterday. By the end of the day I walked over 16 miles. Yes my feet were sore and my knee replacement knee was great, but the other one needed ice last night. I iced my feet too. That seemed to work as this morning I feel good. I am way ahead of all those younger ladies, but we still have today to do this. I don't think I will walk that much, but I will get out there soon and show those girls that this fat old lady has something to show them.

So how is the scale treating you today? Dave did really well, he was turkey hunting, without luck. But he said he heard lots of turkeys. He lost 3 pounds, that is really good for him. For me, the ever stagnant scale finally moved down two pounds. I will take that.

Hope you had a good week.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)