AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

iphone's
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/19/2016 06:22 (#5251297 - in reply to #5251094)
Subject: RE: iphone's

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I've done the "pocket dial" procedure myself a few times. Just yesterday, I got a call from my nephew who I farm with returning a call I hadn't made. My procedure is to put my phone in my pocket without putting it to sleep. I have the habit of just letting it go into sleep mode on its own. This is fine in most cases but can result in misplaced calls if I put the phone in my pocket and brush up against something. Yesterday I had left my iPhone on the Favorites page as I need to call my great nephew fairly often for seed, fertilizer or spray while planting. Apparently I pushed my nephews listing by accident.

I'm trying to break myself of this habit. I had an incident a few weeks ago that could have been bad. I bought one of those Blu-mate garage door opener add on devices after seeing it mentioned here. This is a rather inexpensive device that is wired into a garage door opener that adds Bluetooth capability to the opener. Then the opener can be activated by an App on a smartphone.

I bought one of these and installed the App on my iPhone 6. A pairing process needs to be done once so someone else cannot open your door. I used this to open the door and drove my truck in. I put the phone back in my pocket but didn't put it to sleep and left the App active. While still sitting in the truck, I heard the door start to close, apparently on its own. What had happened is that I had pushed the button on the app while the phone was in my pocket. This could have been a mess if I had started to back out when I accidentally activated the door

I have the App on its own page so now I either switch out of that page or put the phone to sleep before I put it in my pocket.

Edited by tedbear 4/19/2016 06:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)