AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Doing more with less....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

bharzman
Posted 4/17/2016 07:53 (#5247375)
Subject: Doing more with less....

North Central Kansas
This is the motto of our local Farm Bureau group. This has been on my mind past few weeks as I think how we have come with farming.
Not sure what group to post this in to talk about. It kinda weighs heavy on my mind as I think about the next generation to take over farming

Maximizing Efficiency, Doing more with less.
This subject has been on my mind the past few weeks. Are we as farmers working ourselves out of a job? Doing more with less.?.? Our yields are increasing a little each year. The stockpile of grain is building up year after year. And not only here in the USA, but world wide! Are we, farmers of the world, producing enough to feed the people of the world? Yes we are. Are the govts allowing this food to the people....no.
Bills are harder to pay when you have $4 wheat, $3 corn, $2.75 milo, $9 beans. If the price of N, and chemical's would go down as much of a % as our selling price has, things would be fine. But it seems they don't.
Something to think about as I look out my window and see that the Lord has finally blessed our area with moisture. I will have a crop, I will live to harvest another day. But how many more days till the worlds elevators are full because we have learned to grow 300 bu corn?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)