AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sleepless baby?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Rook
Posted 4/14/2016 13:45 (#5243147 - in reply to #5236765)
Subject: RE: Sleepless baby?

SW Minnesota
We did "sleep training" with each of our kids. It sucks for the first 2 evenings, but it works if you can stick to it. Feed em, read em a book, lay em down and say good night and walk out of the room. If they cry, give it 10 minutes, go in the room and pat them on the chest and say good night and walk out. DO NOT PICK THEM UP!!! Repeat as long as they cry. They will give up.

First time I did it, it took 52 minutes on the first night. 25 the second night, and no more than 2-3 after that. Each of the kids was different. Some cried a little longer, some only 20 minutes. We've done it with 4 kids. They have all turned out fine. They are all really good sleepers, even on naps it works. If it's something you do, you have to stick to it and make it routine. It may not work in other people's houses. Do it at home and make sure you do it for at least 10 straight days.

It's hard to sit and listen to a kid cry and not get up and help. It isn't for everyone. In my opinion, kids need to learn how to comfort themselves a little and figure out how to do that on their own. We did this, and it has made my life soooooo much easier. I would get so ticked when that baby would cry in the middle of the night. I'd wake up to get her, and she'd fall asleep the second I'd pick her up. Then you lay her down and she's crying within a minute. That was always the last straw for me, that's parent abuse! Disclaimer: if your kid is sick, it's not the time to start. You have to know your kid's cries. Good luck if you decide to try it! It'll work if you let it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)