AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sleepless baby?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

l&a ag
Posted 4/13/2016 14:18 (#5241223 - in reply to #5236765)
Subject: RE: Sleepless baby?

Humeston, IA
1) Sleep lady shuffle - You can buy the book on Amazon. It's great!
2) Co-sleeping/bedsharing
3) Baby wearing

My just turned 2 daughter didn't sleep through the night pr nap consistently until she was about 13 months old. I breastfed so it was easiest on me and her to just have her in bed with us. We transitioned her into her own room at about 9 months old using the Sleep Lady Shuffle. She is now the best nighttime sleeper of the 3rd generation. Her cousins, 4,3, &1, have been "sleep trained" using cry it out or modified ferber methods. The 4&3 year old are still up multiple times a night.

As far as naps go, look into a baby carrier. Some brands I recommend are Ergo & Tula - both sold at Target. They are on the more expensive side, but they are infinitely more comfortable than the cheaper ones. Some of my daughters best naps were taken with her snuggled up against me while I ran a tractor/mowed lawn or cleaned the house. She still loves to be put "uppies" and it works great for days we need all hands on deck in the lambing barn.

I'm in the camp of there's a reason a baby is crying. Also, my softer side says they were constantly with mom for 9 months, then suddenly they get born into this cold, harsh, bright world and expected to automatically fall into this eat/sleep pattern we, as parents, expect out of them? We have all had years to get our habits down. It sucks being broken out of your habits, but it is such a short time in your child's life when they are 100% dependent on you. They can't tell you if they are uncomfortable or hurting.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)