AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*****Weigh Ins For 4/10/16*****
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 4/10/2016 08:03 (#5233455)
Subject: *****Weigh Ins For 4/10/16*****

Good Sunday Morning. PLEASE, when is spring suppose to come???? I know some of you have warm temps, but I think we are being punished for going to AZ for the winter. I actually don't mind the cold so much, but the winds have made it just miserable. Makes it easier for Dave to choose what to do. He has been busy putting in drywall in our sons basement. Needs to get it done so he can have his farm bathroom and office in his house.

Fun weekend for us. It has been almost 4 months since we got to see our grandson and even longer since he actually stayed overnight here without his parents here. So grandpa got him out in the new RZR and he squealed for grandpa to go faster. Then he wanted me to make him sugar cookies. So I had to do it. I used my mom's (Eli calls her Cookie Grandma) recipe and made him the cookies. He told me they smelled good when I was baking them. So after they cooled off I gave him one and I asked him how it was, and he said it was OK. I said, just OK and he said yes. So I thought, well, guess grandpa is going to get a bunch of cookies as that is Dave's favorite. Then last night, Eli asked me if I had any Cookie Grandma cookies. Sometimes I have them in the freezer from my mom. But I didn't. So looks like we will have to stop in and see Cookie grandma on our way to take Eli home.

So how is the week going for you all? Do you find people sabotaging your best intentions? You want to be good and then the people around you are eating those really bad for you foods. So hard to say no thank you. But we all need to practice those words. You will feel so much better if you do. How about exercise? I am still doing well with that. Getting in lots of walking. But the one day it was just so cold and windy that I went in my basement and went on the recumbent bike and the elliptical machine. I checked it out with my Fitbit and it worked step for step. So I can use them when I just can't walk outside. What is nice about the fitbit, is that you can friend people on there. I had several friends but I was walking like twice as much as they were. But then I friended my niece and Dave's cousin and they are much closer to what I am walking and it makes me want to walk even more. I was never in any sports, but competition can be a good thing. So if you have a Fitbit, make sure you friend people that will challenge you.

Dave hasn't weighed in several weeks, but looks like his working on our son's basement has helped him with a 1.6 pound loss, and for me, I just laughed when I got on the scale as all the walking I did, and I lost a whole .2 pounds. but I haven't been gaining, or going up and down too much lately. So if I could only change my eating even a little, the weight would come off.

Hope you had a good week. We all have to just keep trying.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)