AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forced win 10 update or my mistake ??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

sdPete
Posted 4/10/2016 23:02 (#5235721 - in reply to #5233394)
Subject: RE: Forced win 10 update or my mistake ??

Beresford SD
Settings > change PC settings > update and recovery > choose how updates get installed

The drop down list box has a choice to check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them, click on it . For me this produces a notification about every other day mostly for Windows defender definition updates, which I normally allow. That does require me to run through the above menu Sequence except the last step is view details.

While there I do verify the box is blank for give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates.

Windows 10 is a recommended update, so the default setting for automatic updates along with the check box for recommended updates allows Windows 10 an open door to machines so configured.

6 months ago I upgraded to a notebook set up with Windows 10, it works fine I have no problem with Windows 10 on it. But on my little Dell tablet which is running W 8.1 , the Windows 10 upgrade was a sorry thing so I reverted back to 8.1. Windows 8.1 in my opinion was well designed for tablet use but that did not cause the notebook and desktop users equal joy thus the Windows 10 corrections were issued to appease the masses. Whatever. I will stay with 8.1 on the tablet but do plan on checking performance of a Windows 10 equipped tablet next time I am near one to see if recent revisions would help me out.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)