AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ho-Hum Export #2
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 2/11/2016 15:29 (#5104363)
Subject: Ho-Hum Export #2

Buxton ND
No CNM that will be in next week report, today's export sales report's cut off date was the 4th.
There's NO re-coding, its just a sale made to Japan period. Japan is one of our normal corn buyers of the years.

I did NOT state it was OUR fault China canceled in 2012 I just posed a quietion.
It is a question that has been asked the prior years.

1891 its not those 5 weeks of NET cancellations, there were cancellation starting that Oct. 24-25th those five weeks you posted about were NET, -, a negative number just like last week report shows. One either has to remember (my mind has already slipped so I write things down) track them your self. These WILL NOT show up on old USDA export data period.

I double checked this with Ken Morrison at time, I had 5 mmt and he had 6 mmtish, I think I missed a week. We've debated this from 2004 also, the same deal, it does NOT show up in USDA data. I saw this on tweeter also, the first cancellation by China and NO ONE CARED in 2012

In Norwegian terms China bot way to many $15-16-17 PLUS beans as the drought raged.
Late season rains HELPED THE EASTERN BELT ALOT.
My area WAS WOW, I got 53 bpa best ever.
Even the poor dirt was great.
ALOT of the northern belt got AWESOME YIELDS.
DIDO corn, mine was 179.4 not quite enough to round up to 180

POINT IN CASE, there was many fields over 200 bpa in my area this year.
In ALOT of the northern/western belt had very good yields.
"THE MOST" concentrated on the drought damage out east in 2012
"THE MOST" concentrated on the rain damage out east in 2015
"THE MOST" included many big names in the market/market service business. End comment.

BOTTOM LINE,,,HAS THE FOLLOWING "THE MOST" HELPED OR HURT YOUR MARKETING PLAN ON YOUR FARM ? ? ?
HAS IT HELPED OR HURT YOUR POCKET BOOK AND BALANCES SHEETS ? ? ?
Plus the thread below***** up @ 2am and can't sleep, there's alot of emotions/stress/worries with UN-priced bushel sitting in the bin as the risk is 100% your shoulders. I have never been the worry wart, in the drought of 1988 I know my Mom and Dad lost more sleep then I worried about if the kid was gonna go broke. I guess I'm just not the worrying type, just the way I am and slept like a baby. If it rained it did,,, if it didn't it didn't,,, no amount of worrying will chance this. Oppose in the our monsoonal years,,, I saw things with water by 40 that the oldest of old timer never saw in a life time.

This was/has been WHY I've thought of a market advisory business my self.
This idea FADED VERY QUICKLY about a year ago for me after some point blunt comments from my lawyer.
And quite frankly it would be more of a cluster mess then its really worth for me.
I guess I just have a passion and enjoy the markets/marketing watching/learning and learning more, the learning never stops*****
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)