AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drone Deploy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 2/11/2016 23:36 (#5105609 - in reply to #5105522)
Subject: RE: Drone Deploy Video

Southeast Wyoming

potentialag - 2/11/2016 21:43 Gary, I am sincerely sorry if I have offended you or anyone else. I am genuinely just trying to help. I can see your point that I shouldnt have worded the last part of my post with the "full disclosure" line. I get that, and I apologize for that but what if this happened (as I've seen happen before): What if I never stated that I was a dealer? What if I never said anything of the like and gave advice that could be seen as "coaching" others to a certain product line while hiding the fact that I am a dealer? What would be said when it was discovered that I am a dealer? Personally I want to know who I am dealing with from the start, rather than find out other hidden "truths" later, hence my "full disclosure" line or disclaimer or sorts. I am a very upfront and forward person, sometimes to my own disservice, but I am always honest, open and clear, and no nonsense in my views. Thats why I made my position clear from the start. TO the ADMINS: To be clear, I have never made an effort to come to these forums to sell anything. YES, I have posted items to the Classified ads, but have not attempted to sell from these forums because that is not what these are for. Again, I have posted here just to help, and I have helped many in the past based off of this forum. Some directly here, and some who have called me for advice. So if the admins of this forum want to boot me, while I disagree, I'll understand. I am sincerely just here to help. Matt Boucher

What I see are numerous posts promoting your business, with your phone number and your email address within the body of your message.  I see a couple of posts where you have mis-stated another dealer's selling price and obvious effort to steer potential buyers away from other dealers.

It appears that you came here and joined with maybe at least a couple of customers who think you are great.  That is good but it is still advertising as I see it.  Advertising puts a strain on the discussion environment.  IMO it not only casts a shadow on your business but also upon those eager to jump in and say "Oh I have bought from him over the years and he is great . . . and btw he is not paying me to say this."  That probably is true but if the posting policy is followed there need be no question about what kind of benefits may be given to those who support your advertising.

I never suggested that you should be booted, only that you not promote your business as you post.  No, not every post has your business contact info in the body of your message, but there is are a significant percentage in this Drone forum which do, especially today.

I see posters making claim of superior knowledge who have been shown to be mistaken, and on important issues.  I am not here to belly ache but I am here to try to work together to get the best and most accurate information to each of us.  I do not think that advertising gets us there.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)