AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Internet Speeds - What's considered fast compared to what I have now ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 2/10/2016 18:28 (#5102235 - in reply to #5102079)
Subject: RE: Internet Speeds - What's considered fast compared to what I have now ?

central - east central Minnesota -

Von WC Ohio - 2/10/2016 17:16

What speed are you supposed to be getting ?

Have Windstream here also supposed to be 3.0 mbs but usually tops out at 2.5mbs or less.

For the most part it's been very reliable with very few connection issues. Did have to finally replace the original DSL modem as the old one kept dropping connections. Customer service says we are in an area with older lines and it's to be expected nut new modem seems to have cured the issues.

Can usually watch Youtube videos and such without much buffering or stopping.

Connection speeds seem to slow down around 3:30pm when schools let out and I 'm guessing all the kids go home and get online. Also sometimes slows a lot between 8-11 pm when people are probably trying to stream Netflix and such.

Thanks Von,

Supposed to be getting 2.0 mbps from Windstream. Can't, due to infrastructure (old lines, old hardware in switches and such), according to service techs for me. My PC is clean as it's tested at PC shop to 50mbps (that's their top speed with different carrier). Like I posted, 0.71 is tops. Windstream in our area is the worst, since they purchased the local independent phone company. The past owner isn't very happy with the situation either .  ..  . .

It seems the speed I have is very, very slow and if 5.0mbps is just a bit faster, maybe it doesn't pay to try the different company ? One thing, the point to point wireless company wants to use my silo as the tower antenna for they system to receive and shoot off to others  . . . . . so for me, it maybe a win + win situation ?

Edited by iseedit 2/10/2016 18:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)