AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Starting to Market 2016
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tank2516
Posted 2/10/2016 12:10 (#5101486 - in reply to #5101325)
Subject: RE: Starting to Market 2016

I don't believe it is texas hedgeing. I did this exact strategy last year using courage calls so I would feel comfortable selling my ins guarantee bushels and .which also equals the amount of oorn that I don't have storage for. Sometime in May I bot $4.50 sept corn options for 10 cents then corn futures dropped down to around $3.60 sept so the I bot the same amount $3.90 sept calls. for 8 cents. As you remember corn rallied up to around $4.50 dec futures. I started selling cash corn when the sept futures was at $3.99. Sold some more at around $4.40 sept. Rolled my 3.90 calls up to $4.50 for a 20 cent profit . With the amount of calls I had bot I could have sold more cash corn actually over my ins guarantee, but the market dropped quicker than I thought it would. Timing can be the biggest downfall of this strategy I bot the first calls to early also if you are waiting for a rally which I did to sell some cash corn you could be out the price of the calls and still not have any cash sold.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)