AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Today's meeting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

dittfarms
Posted 2/9/2016 17:04 (#5099460)
Subject: Today's meeting

ottertail co mn
Had a crop insurance meeting and had a marketing speaker from Minnesota come talk to us.

Plain and simple, the only way we have any chance of better prices is with a weather scare. He said currently the eastern corn belt is really wet, is this true? I don't wish bad on to any one here and I have had some bad years myself in 13&14. In 13 I had 7 inches of rain during the growing season and had a whopping 40 bushel yield and it was not soybeans. The other option for weather would be a late season drought due to La NiƱa.

A lot more CRP going in around here. I am planting a quarter down to pasture. Also gonna put some more annual hay crops in.

At the end of the meeting I said I need a 50 cent increase in price for last year, 50 cent increase their cover this year and another 50 cent increase for a profit. So total I need a $1.50 increase in the corn price. Everyone laughed until they thought about it, then we just split up and went home with somber looks on our faces.

Some one has a saying about hope and whatever else stages in marketing. I would say the hope phase is over!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)