AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader clutches, 16 row planter in 12 sections
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

agr1333
Posted 2/8/2016 14:49 (#5096807 - in reply to #5096623)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader clutches, 16 row planter in 12 sections

Missouri
As with anything in the precision world it looks like a big cost up front but you have to work it out in dollars returned for your investment. Just for an example if you say you have 100 dollars an acre in corn seed cost and say the single sections give you a 1 percent payback over two row sections then it only takes 1000 acres to pay for the extra module. I understand your frustration that it doesn't look like you are utilizing the full potential of the second module but the payback for the module is there. If you think it only gives a half a percent less overlap then it would take two thousand acres. To me it is a no brainer to set the planters up with single rows. I haven't ever attempted the single row rtk cable yet but all other planters that I have done are set up with two rows on the outside and singles in the middle. It blows my mind that guys are willing to dump say 20000 dollars into clutches and monitors and everything but are willing to skimp out on one module costing a grand more that will make them money back.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)