AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to provide Internet to home network via Verizon LTE?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 2/6/2016 10:17 (#5091976)
Subject: How to provide Internet to home network via Verizon LTE?

We currently get 100% of our Internet through Verizon LTE.

We have an iPad, 3 iPhones, a desktop, a laptop, a Raspberry Pi, a smart TV and a Blu-Ray player for devices that can wirelessly connect to the Internet. The iPhone's and iPad all have cellular data as well. Generally we just use the hotspots on the phones or iPad to get Internet to the other devices.

We currently have no home network for sharing files or connecting to a printer or anything like that. I would like to be able to buy a meteobridge (which would require always on Internet) so that I can do a better job of collecting data from my Davis weather station. I would like a networked printer.

When I look at the Verizon routers they just look like consumer items...cheap. I wonder if they have good controls like the ability to shut down or open up certain ports or if they can control which devices have Internet access during what hours. I know a guy won't be able to run DD-WRT on it.

I guess I'm wondering if I wouldn't be better off trying to use some sort of a Verizon device to provide data to a real router.

Any suggestions? Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)