AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

6.0 bat light?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

a4t-1600
Posted 2/5/2016 23:09 (#5091329 - in reply to #5090885)
Subject: RE: 6.0 bat light?

Dearfield Co.
The 6.0 is troublesome over this-----------the one thing you have to keep in mind is the PCM controls the alternator and the only ones I will buy to put on a 6.0 is either one from ford or DC power if I can get them. Also I have customers with the Mean Green alternator that seem to be having good luck. The parts store alternators seem to be missing some amps and it seems to be shy out of the box to shut the light off. You can kill your FICM with low voltage so verify voltage at batteries as well as the back of the ALT if the plug checks out OK. On all of the 6.0 excursions we have here that have had issues we have ended up replacing the battery cables as well . Separate out the batteries and load test them to verify they are good then double check output of the alt. From why I have been told the PCM can increase or shut down the ALT based on sensing temps not changing in the battery or not sensing the proper load the same as the FICM will over compensate for a weak inj.

We have killed a FICM every time we have lost a alternator here and if you have that happen stay out of ford---------there is a guy on the pwoerstroke forums that rebuilds them that is way cheaper or there are aftermarket higher voltage ones that cost about half
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)