AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ez guide 500 rtk
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Mountain Mechanic
Posted 2/3/2016 12:08 (#5085206 - in reply to #5084680)
Subject: RE: Ez guide 500 rtk

That was maybe the most bulletproof display they ever had and a high quality receiver for the time. It should come with an antenna, but you never know when buying used. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, because it's been a while, I believe with RTK we used what they called the "Z" antenna. If it does not have one you will need an AG25 antenna. The 900 radio is for line of sight radio communication with a base station, which you don't have, unless you have a neighbor who has one. If you want to operate off of the Iowa COORS, you will need a cellular modem. I believe the Intuicom works well with COORS networks, but there are other people out there that are more knowledgeable on this. I have experience with Slingshot but not with public COORS networks. They work the similar but the details are different.

If all you want to do is guidance, the 500 is a good value for the cost. However, if you are looking at expanding into flow and application control, I wouldn't spend a bunch of money on antiquated technology. With the 500 you will be stuck with EZ-Boom, which in it's time was a good system, but the Field IQ is leaps and bounds above EZ-Boom. If you jump up the the CFX 750 your options are much greater, including GLONASS, which the 500 does not support. As far as guidance goes, the 500 will run all of the Trimble guidance options except the EZ-Pilot.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)