AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmers Vacation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

NWNODAK
Posted 2/1/2016 13:18 (#5079919 - in reply to #5079624)
Subject: RE: Farmers Vacation

NWND
cornstalk - 2/1/2016 10:06

My wife and I have started traveling more. We just returned from Maui and we flew over to Honolulu and saw Pearl Harbor while we were there. We had a very good time. She likes to travel more than I do, but I am starting to enjoy it more and more. I guess if I couldn't afford the lifestyle my wife and I enjoy, I probably should do something else. I don't get why some people think just because you farm, you shouldn't be able to afford to do the same things that others do.

Exactly just cause we farm. People think vacations are a no no. My wife and I take at least one nice vacation a year for a week or so. And we also do some long weekend type things 3-4 times a year. it drives my father nuts, but as long as it doesn't come out of his checkbook he knows to keep his mouth shut about it. But deep down I think he knows if I'm not gonna put ourselves in a bad position by overspending. If times get too tough trust me the vacations will be cut way down or stopped until things improve. I'm gonna travel while young and can get around. When I'm old and can't get around as good, I will stay home and harass the nurses in the nursing home I guess.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)